Audi A1 wins its sixth title of the year after being crowned the most searched for Small Hatchback at the inaugural Honest John Awards
* Audi A1 was the most searched for car in the Small Hatchback category on motoring website www.honestjohn.co.uk (1 April 2010 to 1 April 2011)
* Most searched for Small Hatchback is the sixth award the Audi A1 has won in 2011
The Audi A1 topped the Small Hatchback category at the first ever Honest Awards, which were held last night (19 May) in London by motoring website honestjohn.co.uk.
The A1 claimed its latest crown by being the most searched for small hatchback on the Honest John website (www.honestjohn.co.uk) between 1 April 2010 and 1 April 2011.
Neysan Vahdat, Product Manager for the A1 said: “The A1 has had an incredible year so far – five awards from the motoring press and sales way ahead of expectations. Winning the most searched for Small Hatchback category – especially from a trusted website like Honest John – reinforces that customers are as excited about the car as we are.”
The A1’s Small Hatchback award from Honest John joins the prestigious Car of the Year and Supermini of the Year awards from What Car? magazine, the Best Small Car Fleet World award, Best Small Hatchback from Parkers New Car Awards and Best Luxury Small Car from the CarBuyer Awards.
Prices for the A1 start from £13,420 OTR (1.2 TFSI 86PS SE model) and go to £20,710 OTR for the top of the range 1.4 TFSI 185PS model.
Looking for The One – The Audi A1 has earned its sixth award of the year so far with the most searched for small hatchback title at the inaugural Honest John Awards.
Notes to Editors
1. For the latest A1 information, data and images please visit
2. In 2010 Audi recorded its best ever worldwide result of 1,092,400 sales, a 15 per cent improvement over 2009. In the UK, 99,828 Audi models found homes last year, a 9.5 per cent increase on 2009. To sustain the technological lead embodied in its Vorsprung durch Technik slogan, the brand plans to invest €11.6 billion, mainly in new products, between 2011 and 2015. By this point, its range will have expanded from today’s 35 models to a total of 42. Recent additions, including the A1 subcompact and the A7 Sportback, will be joined by, among others, the Q3 compact SUV. The R8 e-tron, the first fully electric series production Audi model, will also arrive in late 2012. On the race circuit Audi Sport has contested the Le Mans 24-hour race twelve times since 1999, achieving a podium finish on all of these occasions as well as outright victory 9 times. In 2011, Audi will campaign with an entirely new TDI diesel-powered ‘closed’ coupe sports prototype, the Audi R18.
3. About the 2011 Honest John Awards
The first ever ‘Honest’ Awards were held last night (19 May 2011). The awards were decided by the levels of interest in each model on leading motoring website HonestJohn.co.uk between 1 April 2010 and 1 April 2011. No juries or panels were involved – the winners were decided according to the cars that people have been searching for most on HonestJohn.co.uk